Monday, January 4, 2010

My Thoughts on Ciara's Vibe Photo---Oct.12, 2008

I am very upset and confused. I love to see talented black women doing their thing without having to cross the lines and use their bodies in order to get ahead. It proves to the world that black women are not stereotypical whores or stupid. That we do have something going for ourselves. I was proud of Ciara coming out as an artist who could maintain sexiness along with class, however her new photo on Vibe Magazine disgusts me. Why do women feel that sometime they have to fit into what mainstream want to see? Its a man's world, but doesn't mean you have to live by their rules. Why pose butt ass naked on a *PUBLIC* magazine! Little girls who look up to her and respect her can see it. What are they supposed to think?? Keep it real until that doesn't work anymore then strip all your clothes off? I think that the black woman's body is beautiful and I am all for art. I have takin almost nude pics when i was pregnant, however I didn't find the cover to be artistic in any form or fashion. If anything it was embarassing. I don't care if they did airbrush her underwear, I know they must have shown her or her people what the cover would look like. If you want to be naked go to playboy not a hip hop magazine. Not if your past reputation shows you not to be that type of person. I might understand lil Kim or somebody, but not Ciara. I was proud that she could come out and not have to get but ass naked just to make it in the industry. She has lost a lot of respect from me and many other black women. I'm not hating just expressing my opinion. Hopefully we won't see anymore of this from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment